IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvementsThis utility installls an updated version of the UDA-1 USB DAC Amp driver. This driver (version 1.1) also provides improved performance with other drivers and software running on the computer. This driver is required to play DSD files using the Hi-Res Audio Player on a Mac.
- 0.55 MB
Before You Start
- During the installation of this file, be sure that you are logged in to the computer as the Administrator or as a user with Administrative rights.
- To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs. The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding.
- It is highly recommended that you print out these instructions for use as a reference during the installation process.
Download & Install
This software requires a computer meeting the following system requirements:
- A USB port (USB 2.0 compliant).
- Operating systems:Mac OS 10.7 - 10.11, macOS 10.12 - 10.15
Download and Installation Instructions
- Download theSONY_USB_DAC_Amp_Driver_(Mac)_V1.1.dmgfile to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference) on your computer.
- Go to the location where the file was downloaded and double-click theSONY_USB_DAC_Amp_Driver_(Mac)_V1.1.dmgfile.
- Double-click the "SONY USB DAC Amplifier Uninstall.app".
- At the "Sony USB DAC Amplifier Uninstall" screen, click "OK" to uninstall the driver.
- At the "Information" screen, slick "OK" to restart the system.
- At the "Welcome to the SONY USB DAC Amplifier Installer" screen, click "Continue".
- At the "Standard install on Macintosh HD" screen, click "Install".
- At the "When this software..." screen, click "Continue Installation".
- The "Installing Sony USB DAC Amplifier" screen displays the installation progress.
- At the "The installation was successful" screen, click "Restart" to restart the system and complete the driver installation.
The UDA-1 USB DAC Amp driver installation is complete.