IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvements
This utility installs the Intel® Management Engine Interface Update to address the following issues:
- Improves the operating system stability
- Improve compatibility with sync devices that support the screen mirroring using HDCP 2.2 (High-bandwidth Content Protection)
- Windows® 8.1
- Windows® 8.1 64-bit
- 4.29 MB
Before You Start
- During the installation of this file, be sure that you are logged in as the Administrator or as a user with Administrative rights.
- To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs. The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding.
- It is highly recommended that you print out these instructions for use as a reference during the installation process.
Download & Install
Download and Installation Instructions
- Download the EP0000601189.exe file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the EP0000601189.exe file to begin the installation.
- At the "User Account Control" screen, click "Yes".
- At the "Intel® Management Engine Components - Welcome to the Setup Program" screen, click "Next".
- At the "Intel License Agreement" dialog, read the agreement, then, if you agree, click "Yes" to continue with the installation.
- Wait for the "Setup Progress" to complete, and then click "Next".
- At the "Setup is Complete" screen, keep the default selection "Yes, I want to restart this computer now" and then click the "finish" button.
Once the computer restarts, the installation of the Intel® Management Engine Interface Update is complete.
How to verify the installed version
- Search "VAIO Care (Desktop)" and open the Sony Apps.
- Click "About Your VAIO"
- Click "System Information"
- Under the "Product Information" section, the Intel Management Engine Interface version shown is 18.104.22.1688