IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvements
This utility installs an updated version of the Sound Organizer software and provides the following changes and benefits:
- Improved stability of operation.
- The Disk writing module has been changed from PX Engine to the native operating system component Image Mastering API.
- CD-Text is no longer supported, so the Title and Artist tags can no longer be edited during disk creation.
- Due to Microsoft® Windows Vista® specification restrictions, the following DVDs are not supported with the Windows Vista® operating system
Overview of Sound Organizer Version 2.0 Functions
- Save/Add Files
- Files recorded with an IC recorder can be saved to a computer in file or folder units.
- Files saved in your computer can also be added to an IC recorder. Note:FLAC files will be converted to WAV in an ICD with no FLAC support.
- Edit Files
- Files recorded with an IC recorder can be divided, edited, and combined with other files. Note: The playback speed for FLAC files cannot change.
- Files recorded with an IC recorder can be divided, edited, and combined with other files.
- Convert Files
- Files saved in your computer can be converted to WAV, MP3, or or FLAC format. Note: Only WAV files can be converted to FLAC files and FLAC files can only be converted to WAV files.
- Files saved in your computer can be converted to WAV, MP3, or or FLAC format.
- Create CDs/DVDs
- Files recorded from an IC recorder and other audio files can be written to a CD making it possible to create an audio CD, MP3 CD, or data disk (CD/DVD).
- Audio and MP3 CDs created with Sound Organizer can be played on your computer and also regular CD players.
- Record CDs
- Data from your commercial CDs can be converted to a format used by Sound Organizer and recorded/stored in your computer. Note: Importing FLAC from CDs is not supported.
- Data from your commercial CDs can be converted to a format used by Sound Organizer and recorded/stored in your computer.
- Other Functions
- Edit track marks
- DPC (Digital Pitch Control) playback
- Voice Up playback
- Noise cut playback
- A-B repeat playback
- E-mail attachments
- Quick Operation Guide (on-screen guide / help)
- Automatic updates
- Windows Vista®
- Windows Vista® 64-bit
- Windows® 10
- Windows® 10 64-bit
- Windows® 7
- Windows® 7 64-bit
- Windows® 8
- Windows® 8 64-bit
- Windows® 8.1
- Windows® 8.1 64-bit
- 0.00 MB
Before You Start
- If recorded messages are saved in the computer, it is strongly recommend that you backup the messages onto a CD-R/RW disc, or other external storage device, before installing this software.
- You are required to use the Sound Organizer version that supports your model. If you use a non-supported version with your IC recorder, it cannot display the information.
- If you have a previous version of Sound Organizer installed, you can have both versions of Sound Organizer installed on a single computer simultaneously. If you have multiple Sound Organizer versions, be sure to launch the appropriate version for the IC recorder in use. You can import the data that is managed by Sound Organizer to Sound Organizer 2.0.01 (data features that are not supported by Sound Organizer 2.0.01 cannot be imported).
- During the installation of this update, be sure that you are logged in as the Administrator or as a user with Administrative rights.
- It is highly recommended that you print out these instructions for use as a reference during the installation process.
Download & Install
Before downloading and installing the software, please check the system requirements below to determine whether or not this program is compatible with your computer.
Minimum System Requirements:
- Computer: IBM® PC/AT or compatible computer (Not for use with Macintosh® systems)
- Operating System: One of the following preinstalled Microsoft® Windows® operating systems:
- Windows 10
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 7 (Service Pack 1 or later)
- Windows Vista® (Service Pack 2 or later)
- CPU: 1.66 GHz or higher
- Memory (RAM):
- Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10: 1 GB or more for 32-bit, and 2 GB or more for 64-bit
- Windows Vista (Home Basic edition): 512 MB or more
- CD-ROM or DVD-ROM Drive: A CD-R/RW or DVD-R/RW drive is necessary to create audio CDs, MP3 CDs, or data CDs/DVDs.
- Screen resolution: 800x600 resolution or higher (1024x768 is recommended)
- Screen color: High color (16-bit) or higher
- Internet Access: Required to use podcasts and Gracenote (information retrieval service for audio CDs)
Use of this software with the following systems is not supported by Sony:
- Operating Systems other than those indicated above
- Personally constructed PCs or operating systems
- An environment that is an upgrade of the original manufacturer-installed operating system
- Multi-boot environments
- Multi-monitor environments
- Macintosh® computers
Download and Installation Instructions
- Download the SoundOrganizer_V2001.exe file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the SoundOrganizer_V2001.exe file to begin the installation.
- If the User Account Control screen appears, click Yes or Continue.
- At the Welcome to Sound Organizer Installer screen, click Next.
- At the License Agreement dialog, read the agreement, then, if you agree, select I accept the terms in the license agreement, and then click Next.
- At the Setup Type screen, select Standard, and then click Next.
- At the Ready to Install the Program screen, click Install.
- During the installation, the Status screen will display.
- At the Sound Organizer has been successfully installed screen, make sure that Launch Sound Organizer Now is selected, and then click Finish.
The installation of the Sound Organizer version 2.0 software is complete.
Confirm Installation (optional)
- Start the Sound Organizer software.
- On the Sound Organizer menu bar, click Help and then click About Sound Organizer.
- If the Sound Organizer version is 2.0.01.05240, the installation was successfully completed.
- If the Sound Organizer version is not 2.0.01.05240, please download and install the software again.