This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvements
This utility installs the Sony Headphone Amplifier driver. This driver is necessary to connect to a Windows® computer.
- Windows Vista®
- Windows Vista® 64-bit
- Windows® 10
- Windows® 10 64-bit
- Windows® 7
- Windows® 7 64-bit
- Windows® 8
- Windows® 8 64-bit
- Windows® 8.1
- Windows® 8.1 64-bit
- 58.19 MB
Before You Start
This software requires a computer meeting the following system requirements:
- Operating Systems: Microsoft® Windows Vista® (Service Pack 2) or later
Note: Please make sure all the latest Windows updates have been installed.
- Hard Drive Space: 100 MB or more
- Device: USB 2.0 compliant port
Note: This software is not guaranteed to work for all computers, even if they meet the above system requirements.
- IMPORTANT: Please do not connect the Headphone Amplifier to the computer until instructed. If you have already connected the device to the computer, please disconnect it now.
Download & Install
Download and Installation Instructions
- Click the Download Now icon on this page to begin.
- Read the Software Download License Agreement, then, if you agree, click ACCEPT AGREEMENT to continue.
- At the File Save dialog box, download the Sony_Headphone_Amplifier_Driver_Setup_V1.0.0.zip file to your desired location on your computer. (please note this location for reference).
Note: Please do not connect the Headphone Amplifier to the computer until instructed. If you have already connected the device to the computer, please disconnect it now.
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and right-click the Sony_Headphone_Amplifier_Driver_Setup_V1.0.0.zip file, and then click Extract All.
Note: For Windows 8/8.1 and 10, the default settings for Internet Explorer® will save the file in the Downloads folder. For Windows 10, use File Explorer to locate the Downloads folder, the default settings for Internet Explorer® will save the file in the Downloads folder, for Windows 8/8.1, click the Desktop tile from the Start screen and then locate the downloaded file using Windows Explorer.
- At the Extract Compressed (Zipped) Folders window, click Extract.
- A new file will be created called Sony_Headphone_Amplifier_Driver_Setup.exe.
- Double-click the Sony_Headphone_Amplifier_Driver_Setup.exe file.
- At the User Account Control screen, click Yes or Continue.
- At the Choose Setup Language screen, select the language you wish to use, and then click Next.
- At the Welcome to the InstallShield Wizard for Sony Headphone Amplifier Driver screen, click Next.
- The Installing package Driver (x64) screen will appear.
- At the The InstallShield(R) Wizard will install Sony Headphone Amplifier Driver on your computer screen, click Next.
- At the License Agreement screen, read the text and if you agree, click to select I accept the terms in the license agreement, and then click Next.
- At the Ready to Install the Program screen, click Install.
- The Sony Headphone Amplifier Driver will be installed.
- At the InstallShield Wizard Completed screen, click Finish.
- At the The InstallShield Wizard has successfully installed Sony Headphone Amplifier Driver screen, click Finish.
- Connect the Headphone Amplifier device to the computer using the supplied USB cable.
- Power on the Headphone Amplifier device.
- On the Headphone Amplifier device or the included remote control, push INPUT button repeatedly until PC (USB-B) appears in the display window.
- If installation procedure was completed correctly, the Headphone Amplifier (TA-ZH1ES) will appear as a device in Device Manager under Sound, Video and Gaming controllers.
Questions & Answers
- If the TA-ZH1ES does not appear as a device in Device Manager, restart both the Headphone Amplifier and the computer. Once both have restarted completely, check in Device Manager again.
- If, after restarting both the Headphone Amplifier and the computer, the TA-ZH1ES still does not appear as a device in Device Manager, the driver installation procedure has failed. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Uninstall a Program, click to select Sony Headphone Amplifier Driver and then click Uninstall. Once the uninstall procedure is complete, download and install the driver again.