IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvements
This utility updates the system software to version 6.008 and provides the following changes and benefits:
- Reduces the time it takes an image to appear when switching signal formats
- Fixes minor performance issues
- System Software
- 110.36 MB
Before You Start
- Turn on the Home Theater Projector.
- On the remote control, use the arrow buttons to select MENU.
- At the MENU screen, use the arrow buttons to select the Information icon.
- The firmware version currently installed will be listed on the screen.
Before You Start
- Follow the update instructions carefully.
- Requirements for the update:
- A USB storage device, USB version 2.0 or higher
- Minimum 1GB
- Formatted to FAT32 file system
- There should be no other files or folders on the USB storage device
- The firmware update can take up to 15 minutes to complete.
Download & Install
Download and File Transfer to USB Storage Device Instructions
- Download the sony_pjupdate_2015_6008_pji_auth.zip file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference) on your computer.
- Extract the update folder from the sony_pjupdate_2015_6008_pji_auth.zip file. Note: A new folder will be created called sony_dtv0FA30A07A0A7_00042900.
- Connect a USB storage device to your computer.
- Open the extracted folder and transfer the sony_dtv0FA30A07A0A7_00042900 update folder to the root directory of your USB storage device. IMPORTANT: Don't change the name of the folder or copy to any other folder on the USB storage device. The update won't install successfully if the name of the folder is modified or if the folder isn't copied to the root directory of the USB storage device.Note: The root directory is the top directory in a file system.
- For Microsoft® Windows® operating systems: Right-click the sony_dtv0FA30A07A0A7_00042900 folder, from the menu click Send To..., and then click the drive (EX: Removable Disk E:) that represents your USB storage device. The update folder will be copied onto your USB storage device.
- For Apple® Mac OS X® operating systems: Drag and drop the sony_dtv0FA30A07A0A7_00042900 folder to the root folder of the USB storage device.
- Remove the USB storage device from your computer.
WARNING! During the update process, do not remove the USB storage device or turn off the projector except when instructed to do so.
- Turn off the projector.
- Make sure no other USB device is connected to the projector before starting the update.
- Insert the USB storage device containing the update folder into USB port of the projector.
- Turn on the projector. The update process will start automatically. Note: The ON/STANDBY indicator will blink white during the update process. The update process takes about 15 minutes to complete. Do not turn off the projector or disconnect it from the AC power outlet.
- Once the update is complete, the ON/STANDBY will turn off, and the projector will enter Standby Mode.
- Remove the USB device.
- Turn on the projector.
- Once the projector completely starts and the laser is lit, the update process is complete.
- Check the current firmware version to confirm that the update has successfully installed.
- If the version number is 6.008 or higher, the update was successful.
- If the version number isn't 6.008, you will need to install the update again.