IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvements
IMPORTANT!! This update is available only by performing a Network Upgrade.
The LF-S50G Wireless Speaker software will be automatically updated to the latest version while connected to the Internet via a Wi-Fi network. A software update will be delivered from time to time when, for example, new features become available or an update is required to improve performance. This automatic software update feature can be disabled, and previous versions of the software can't be retrieved.
- System Software
Before You Start
Notes Regarding the Update
- Your Wireless Speaker must be connected to the Internet via a Wi-Fi network.
- By using this product, you agree to Sony's End User License Agreement (EULA).
- Software for this product is automatically updated from time to time and you cannot choose or refuse to load such automatic software.
- The Wireless Speaker may not be operational while updating. Don't operate, turn off, or disconnect the Wireless Speaker until after the update is complete.
- Failure to follow the instructions, or an interruption in the update process, can cause the Wireless Speaker to become unresponsive or to require repair.
- Contact our Support team if you need assistance.
Determine the Current Firmware Version of the Wireless Speaker
- At the Google Home application screen, select the Menu Drawer icon.
- From the Menu Drawer, select Devices.
- At the Devices screen, open the LF-S50G Setup Menu icon.
- Select Settings.
- In the Device Settings screen, under Information, next to System firmware version: the firmware version will be displayed. Note: The last 2 digit represent the system firmware version.