IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvements
This utility updates the FL-N01 system software to version 4.0.1 and fixes the BlueBorne Bluetooth vulnerability.
- System Software
- 641.08 MB
Before You Start
Use the Future Lab Program N app on your smartphone to check your FL-N01 system software.
- Make a Bluetooth® connection to your FL-N01.
- Tap , and then Settings.
- Information about your software is listed in the General section.
- FL-N01 software update: Click this to see if there is a software update available
- FL-N01 information: Click this to see the software version or license information on your FL-N01
- App information: Click this to see software version or license information of the Future Lab Program N app
- If FL-N01 information lists the software version as 4.0.1 or higher, you do not need this update.
Before You Start
- Follow the update instructions carefully.
- Confirm that the battery level is at least 50% before installing this update:
- Tell the FL-N01 Listen up Nigel, or press the Voice Input button.
- When you hear the ready sound, tell the FL-N01 Battery level.
- If the FL-N01 reports that the battery charge is less than 50%, you need to charge the battery before installing the update.
- All user settings are retained during the firmware update.
- Do not power off the FL-N01 during the upgrade process. Loss of power during the installation of the firmware upgrade may cause the FL-N01 to be unresponsive or require repair.
- The FL-N01 may get hot during the upgrade process. As a precaution, be careful not to touch the FL-N01 during this time.
- After performing this update, it is not possible to return to or install a previous version of the system software. By downloading and installing this update, you acknowledge that you understand this update cannot be reversed.
- Please follow the upgrade instructions carefully. Failure to follow the instructions may interrupt the upgrade process and may cause the FL-N01 to be unresponsive or require repair.
Download & Install
- Download the updates.zip file to your computer. Note: Do not unzip the updates.zip file.
- Turn on the FL-N01.
- Connect the supplied micro-USB cable to the FL-N01, and then connect the other end to the computer.
- Drag updates.zip file to the root folder of the FL-N01. Note: It takes up to a minute to transfer the file.
- Once the file transfer is complete, disconnect the FL-N01 from the computer.
- Press and hold the Voice Input and Custom buttons simultaneously for 10 seconds until the unit vibrates and the LED changes color. Note: If the FL-N01 tells you Charge your device to start software update, the battery charge is less than 50% and you will need to charge the battery before updating the software.
- The FL-N01 system update starts.
- The Indicator Light (LED) will blink: initially red, then blue, then green. After 5-10 minutes the FL-N01 will automatically restart and then announce Update successful.
- Check the current firmware version to confirm that the update has successfully installed.
- If the version number is 4.0.1, the firmware update was successful.
- If the version number isn't 4.0.1, the update failed. Perform the update again.
- Contact our Support team if you need assistance with the upgrade.
Compatible Smartphone Models
The following smartphone models have been tested and are compatible with the FL-N01 and the version 4.0.1 system software:
- Xperia Z3 compact (Android 6.0, Android 5.1)
- Xperia Z5(Android 6.0)
- Galaxy S6 edge (Android 6.0)
- Galaxy S6 (Android 6.0)
- iPhone SE, iPhone 5s (iOS 9.3)
- iPhone 6s Plus (iOS 10.2)
- iPhone 7 (iOS 10.2)