IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvements
This utility installs the Hi-Res Audio Recorder software for your PS-HX500 turntable. The Hi-Res Audio Recorder is an application to record audio tracks of a vinyl record onto your computer in the high resolution format and includes the following features:
- Recording audio tracks of a vinyl record: Connect the turntable and your computer with the USB cable supplied with the turntable. Then, you can record audio tracks in high resolution format (DSD or PCM) from the vinyl record being played on the turntable. Note: The maximum duration available for recording is 100 minutes.
- Editing the temporary file: You can add markers to the recorded data (temporary file) and specify ranges of data to be exported to files. Add markers to the temporary file in order to:
- Remove the silent section before the first audio track or the ones between tracks
- Divide the temporary file into individual audio track files after you have recorded all the audio tracks on either side of a vinyl record
- Gain adjustment: You can adjust the signal level (gain) for the recorded data (temporary file).
You can select automatic gain adjustment as well as manual gain adjustment that allows you to increment the gain by 1 dB between +1 dB and +6 dB.
- Exporting the temporary file: You can export the recorded data (temporary file) to your computer.
You can also enter the album name, the album artist name, track titles, and track artist names before exporting the temporary file.
- Mac OS® X
- 4.21 MB
Before You Start
Before You Start
- Follow the update instructions carefully.
- During this installation, make sure that you're logged in as the Administrator or as a user with Administrative rights.
- To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs.
- This software requires a computer meeting the following system requirements:
- Operating systems: Apple® Mac OS X® 10.9, 10.10, 10.11, 10.12, or 10.13
- Free disk space: 100 MB
- Screen resolution: 1024 x 768 or higher
- Audio playback device: Required
Note: This software is not guaranteed to work for all computers even if they meet the above system requirements. Furthermore, the following systems are not supported:
- Personally constructed computers or operating systems
- User upgraded operating systems
- Multi-boot environments
- System Suspend or Sleep Mode (Standby) environments
Download & Install
Download and Installation Instructions
- Download the Hi-ResAudioRecorder_1.1.1.pkg file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference) on your computer.
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the Hi-ResAudioRecorder_1.1.1.pkg file.
- At the Welcome to the Hi-Res Audio Recorder Installer screen, click Continue.
- At the Software License Agreement dialog, read the agreement, and then click Continue.
- At the dialog screen to agree to the terms of license agreement, if you agree, click Agree.
- At the Select a Destination screen, ensure your disk location is selected, and then click Continue.
- At the Installation Type screen, click Install.
Note: For a standard install, the internal hard disk drive is selected automatically. If you want to install to another drive, click Change install location..., select your desired location, and then click Install.
- If you're prompted for your login password, type your password, and then click Install Software.
- The Installing Hi-Res Audio Recorder screen displays the installation progress.
- At the The Installation was successful screen, click Close.
The Hi-Res Audio Recorder for Mac software installation is complete.
Questions & Answers
Starting the Hi-Res Audio Recorder Application
Follow these steps when you're ready to use the application:
- Start the Finder and open Applications.
- In Applications, double-click Hi-Res Audio Recorder.
Follow these troubleshooting steps if you encounter any issues:
- Make sure you're using a computer with one of the supported operating systems.
- Make sure the disk drive has sufficient free disk space. Installation requires free disk space of about 100 MB. If there's not enough free disk space, remove unnecessary files.
Your computer fails to detect the connected turntable:
- Disconnect the USB cable and restart your computer. Make sure that the computer is up and running, and then connect the computer and the turntable with the USB cable.
- Follow the steps below to make sure that the turntable name is displayed in System Information:
- Connect the turntable to the computer and turn it on.
- At the Apple menu, click About This Mac.
- Click Overview, and then click System Report.
- Under Hardware, click USB, and make sure that PS-HX500 is displayed.
Hi-Res Audio Recorder does not start:
- Your computer may not be running properly. Start another application to see if it works properly.
- Your computer may not be running properly. Restart the computer.
- Make sure that the Hi-Res Audio Recorder is successfully installed.
- Start the Finder and make sure that Hi-Res Audio Recorder is displayed in Applications.
- If the Hi-Res Audio Recorder is not successfully installed, uninstall the application, and then install the software again.