IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvements
Improvements over version 4.01:
- IMPORTANT: This firmware update must be performed to keep using the Chromecast built-in music distribution service. If you do not manually install the update, it will be automatically installed when there is an active network connection and the speaker is not in use
- Improves secure communication (WPA2)
- System Software
- SRS16003.UPG (v5.03)
- 143.13 MB
Before You Start
Before You Start
- Follow the update instructions carefully.
- Your Personal Audio System needs to be connected to an active Internet (network) connection, either via Wi-Fi, using the SONY | Music Center (SongPal) app on your smartphone, or directly to your active Internet source with a LAN cable.
- Do not operate, turn off, or disconnect the Personal Audio System from the AC power outlet until after the update is complete.
- Failure to follow the instructions, or an interruption in the update process, may cause the Personal Audio System to become unresponsive or to require repair.
Download & Install
Choose how to install this update
OPTION 1 - Update via Internet Method (Recommended)
The Update via Internet Method is straightforward and the easiest way to update your Personal Audio System.
OPTION 2 - USB Storage Device (USB) Update Method
With this method, you use a computer to download the firmware upgrade to USB storage device, and then install it from the USB storage device onto your Personal Audio System. You'll need a USB storage device with 256MB space available.