IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvements
This software update (version 2.02) provides the following benefits:
Improvements over version 1.20:
- IMPORTANT: This firmware update must be performed to keep using the Chromecast built-in music distribution service. If you do not manually install the update, it will be automatically installed when there is an active network connection and the speaker is not in use.
- Improves secure communication (WPA2)
- Updates the Spotify® service application for music distribution in order to continue using the service
Benefits provided by previous updates and included in version 2.02:
- Improves operational stability of the system
- System Software
- MHC16003.UPG (v2.02)
- 167.50 MB
Before You Start
Before You Start
- Follow the update instructions carefully.
- Don't turn off, or disconnect the home audio system from the AC power outlet until after the update is complete.
- Failure to follow the instructions, or an interruption in the update process, can cause the system to become unresponsive or to require repair.
- It is not possible to return to the previous software version after performing this update.
Download & Install
Choose how to install this update
OPTION 1 - Network Update via Internet
The Network Update via Internet method is straightforward and the recommended way to update your home audio system. To use this method, your home audio system must be connected to an active internet connection. This software update process usually takes about 10 minutes, depending on system configuration and internet connection speed.
OPTION 2 - USB Storage Device Update Method
With this method, you use a computer to download the software update to a USB storage device, and then install it from the USB storage device onto your home audio system. You'll need a USB storage device with 256MB or more available space. If the software update is not successful after following the instructions, you may need to format your device to the FAT32 file system, or use a different device. View formatting instructions.