Before you start
- The DCR-DVD92, DCR-DVD105, and DCR-DVD205 models do not support USB connectivity. Video recorded with these models can be copied from the DVD disc using the DVD-ROM drive of the computer.
- You may be able to transfer your video using Apple® iMovie® or Apple Final Cut Pro®.
- Turn on the computer.
- Make sure the camcorder is turned off.
- Connect the camcorder to the computer using the supplied USB cable.
- Plug the AC power adapter into an electrical wall outlet and then connect it to the camcorder.
- Open the LCD screen on the camcorder.
- Turn on the camcorder.
Note: After the computer recognizes the connection, it will display a DVD icon on the desktop.
- Click the DVD icon on the computer desktop to view the contents of the camcorder DVD.
- Click to select the VIDEO_TS folder.
- On the keyboard, press Command+C to copy the folder.
- Open the folder or directory on the computer where you want to copy the video.
- On the keyboard, press Command+V to paste the folder containing the video into the desired location.
- The video content can be played back by dragging the VIDEO_TS file into a DVD player application like iDVD® software.
- To edit the video content you must use software that is compatible with the .VOB format.