Registration of the touchpad remote control or voice remote control always fails
IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
Before you start
- Bluetooth® devices such as smartphones, tablets, computers, headphones, and speakers may interfere with the pairing process.
- Move all Bluetooth devices away from the TV before pairing to avoid interference.
- If you have another Android TV™ device in your home, make sure that that TV is turned off before you start the pairing process.
- There are two types of remote controls mentioned in this article, the touchpad remote control (A), and the IR remote control (B) with voice recognition.
- Remove the batteries from the remote control and reinsert them.
- Pairing can fail if the battery level is low. Replace the batteries with new ones and try pairing them again.
- Google TV™ models released in 2022 or later (except for W8K and X74K_X75K series): When following the on-screen instructions, if the red LED above the microphone hole lights up and blinks rapidly for just two seconds, the battery level is low. Replace the batteries with new ones and try pairing them again.
Disable and then re-enable the Bluetooth function on your TV.