Use the Voice Search Function of Your Android TV Using an Infrared Remote Control
IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
Before You Start
- Make sure to connect your Android TV™ device to an active internet connection.
- The RMF-TX200U Voice Remote Control supports the Voice Search function for 2016 Android TVs (D series) only.
- The Voice Search function isn't supported on 2015 Android TVs (C series).
What Does It Do?
You can perform these functions with the Bluetooth® voice command function on the supplied IR remote control:
How Does It Work?
Follow the steps below to use the Voice Search function:
- Connect your TV to the network and log in with your Google ID.
- Press the microphone icon on the Voice Remote control and talk.
- The remote control comes paired with your TV, but like other Bluetooth devices, it can be unpaired. Pair the remote control to resume using the Voice Search function .
- After activation, the Voice Search function stays on for a few seconds only before it automatically deactivates.