Auto focus issues that result in blurry, unclear pictures can be the result of settings selection, distance from the subject, environment issues among other factors. The information below will provide you with various recommendations to troubleshoot and resolve issues with auto focusing.
Make sure the subject is within the minimum focusing distance.
- The minimum focusing distance from the subject in which you can take a picture is determined by the lens you are using. Shoot at the focus distance or further away from the subject to avoid out of focus images.
- The minimum focusing distance is written on the front or side of the lens.
In some cases, the subject or the environment where the pictures will be taken may have an effect on focusing:
- Subjects with no contrast such as blue skies or white walls.
- Multiple subjects with different distances within the focus area.
- Bright or backlit subjects.
- Shiny or glossy subjects such as water surfaces.
- Fast moving subjects.