Follow the steps below to troubleshoot if the attached lens cannot be manually focused:
IMPORTANT: If model-specific information is required to complete any of the steps in this solution, refer to the operating instructions supplied with the product.
- Make sure the camera is set to the manual focus (MF) mode.
- Try manually turning the focus ring on the lens.
- If the focus ring does not turn, remove the lens from the camera body.
- While the lens is removed from the camera, try turning the focus ring.
NOTE: If the focus ring on the lens cannot be turned manually when not attached to the camera, the lens may require service.
- If the focus ring can be turned without any difficulty, reattach the lens to the camera.
- Try turning the focus ring on the lens to achieve focus.