IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
You can connect your camera to a NFC™ enabled mobile device (smartphone or tablet) and transfer images and movies from the camera directly with just one touch.
Before you start
- The NFC function on the mobile device should be enabled.
- Sleep and lock-screen functions on the mobile device should be disabled.
- The airplane mode should be disabled on the mobile device and the camera.
- The latest version of Imaging Edge Mobile should be installed on your mobile device.
- The (NFC mark) should be displayed on the camera screen.
To transfer images and movies
- Enable NFC on the mobile device.
Note: This step is only required the first time you want to transfer pictures or if you have previously disabled NFC and the steps will depend on your mobile device.
- Select Settings.
- Select More...
- Verify that NFC is enabled (check-mark displayed).
- Send the image or images to the mobile device.
- To send a single image or movie
- a. Playback an image or movie on the camera to be sent to a mobile device.
- To send multiple images
- a. Press MENU.
- b. Select (Wireless).
- c. Select Send to Smartphone.
- d. Select This Image, All Images on This Date or Multiples Images.
- e. Wait for on-screen confirmation before attempting to connect.
- Touch the mobile device to the camera for 1-2 seconds until the Imaging Edge Mobile application launches.
Note: The position of the NFC mark on the camera differs depending on the model. A different solution showing examples of the NFC antenna and mark location is available. Refer to the instruction manual supplied with the camera for the exact location of the NFC mark.
- The image will automatically start to transfer from the camera to your mobile device once the Imaging Edge Mobile application launches.
- The size of the image sent to the mobile device can be changed. To do this, follow the steps below:
- On your mobile device, open the the Imaging Edge Mobile application.
- Go to Settings.
- Select Copy Image Size.
- Select Original, 2M or VGA.
- The transferred images will be stored in the Imaging Edge Mobile folder.
- Some images may not be displayed on the mobile device depending on the recording format.
- RAW images are converted to JPEG format when they are sent.
- If the (Image Index) is displayed on the camera, image transfer using the NFC function will not be possible.
- You can transfer movies recorded in the MP4 file format but not the AVCHD format. Refer to the instructions manual supplied with the mobile device for types of files that are supported with the One-touch sharing feature.