Benefits Provided by Previous Updates
The section below list the benefits provided by previous versions and included in this update.
Benefits provided by version 3.10:
- New lenses are supported
Note: Please refer to the latest compatibility information on the Web.
- Phase-detection AF is supported
- The lens name is correctly recorded in the EXIF (Exchangeable Image File Format)
- The AF can be used in movie recording mode with the SEL85F14GM
Benefit provided by version 2.00:
- The startup time is shortened
Benefits provided by version 1.20:
- Improves camera function and provides picture improvement for new lenses (SEL35F14Z, SEL24240, SEL28F20, SEL90M28G)
- Improves the power-on time after downloading the Smart Remote Control application of the PlayMemories Camera Apps™
- Provides support for the SEL70200G lens:
- Supports the Fast Hybrid AF function and future Fast Hybrid AF compatible E mount lenses
- Adds the Focus hold button function
- Reduces start-up time
Note: The start-up time has been reduced in cases when the camera is switched on immediately after being switched off.
- Improves image quality
- Provides support for additional PlayMemories Camera Apps and additional features for previously supported apps:
- Supports the Liveview Grading and Smooth Reflection applications
- Supports the smooth automatic exposure feature in the Time-lapse application ver. 2.00 and later