Which file formats are supported by the Imaging Edge Mobile app for transfer?
The Imaging Edge Mobile app can be used to transfer supported file formats for images and videos to a mobile device.
Types of images or movies that can be transferred
- Still images: JPEG format
- Movies: MP4 format (except XAVC S)
- The following file formats can't be transferred to a mobile device using the Imaging Edge Mobile app:
- AVCHD movies.
- Audio files recorded using the HDR-MV1 in .WAV file.
- Movies recorded in PS mode, HS120 mode, or HS240 mode can't be transferred to an Apple® iOS® mobile device.
- Portrait orientation movies in MP4 file format with a resolution of 1080 or higher cannot be transferred using an iPhone® 4 mobile digital device.
Examples of movies that were recorded by the following devices that can't be transferred to a mobile device using the Imaging Edge Mobile app:
- HDR-MV1: MP4 (1920x1080)
- Action Cam: HQ mode (1920x1080)
- DSC-TX300V (1440x1080)
The images are stored in the Imaging Edge Mobile folder in the internal memory of the mobile device, or on a microSD/SD™ card when using an Android™ operating system.
When using the iOS® operating system, the images are stored in the Apple iPhone → Internal Storage → DCIM folder.