Your camera may display error messages when there are problems with the lens or how it is attached. Some of these issues are resolved through some troubleshooting steps if the lens is not damaged.
Follow the steps if your camera doesn't recognize the lens, lens features, or displays the error messages on the screen of your camera.
- If the issue isn't resolved and you're using a lens from another manufacturer, then the lens or lens adapter is most likely not compatible.
- The functionality of third-party lenses is not guaranteed.
- Even though a third-party lens may not be able to communicate with the camera for Auto Focus (AF) and Auto Exposure (AE), you should be able to take pictures on your camera with the following settings:
- Set your camera to Manual (M).
- Manually set the shutter speed, aperture, ISO, and focus.