Install the Camera Driver Loader on a Computer with macOS High Sierra
IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
The Driver Loader installation is required on a computer with macOS® High Sierra version 10.13 before you can update the firmware of your camera.
Before You Start
- Fully charge the camera battery.
- Remove the memory card.
- Set your camera USB settings.
Set USB Connection to Mass Storage.
- Log in as an administrator on your computer running on macOS High Sierra.
- Download your camera's Driver Loader and System Software Updater (firmware). Downloads are posted on your model support page.
Install the Driver Loader Software
- Double-click the Driver Loader icon to run the software.
Enter the administrator password and click on OK.
If a pop-up message appears, follow the instructions written on it.
- Connect your camera to the USB port of the computer.
- On the Driver Loader window, click OK.
- Run the camera's System Software Updater.
If an error message appears saying the camera is already connected to your computer while running the System Software Updater, follow the steps below:
- On the System Software Updater window, click Finish.
- Unplug the camera.
- Run the updater again.
- Connect the camera when prompted.