Before You Start
- Make sure your camera is compatible with the PlayMemories Home™ (PMH) software. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- The PMH software ver. 2.0 or later supports data import through a wireless connection.
- PMH is not supported for the ILCE1/7SM3/7C/7M4, ZV-E10, and ILME-FX3 cameras. Use Imaging Edge Mobile instead.
Follow these steps to troubleshoot this issue when your camera is connected to a wireless router, but can't connect to the computer due to the settings or connection status. Check if you can use the PMH software to transfer files wirelessly after each step.
- Make sure the camera and computer are connected to the same wireless router.
- Check the signal strength to prevent the connection from being interrupted while importing images. If the signal is weak, move to an area with a ber signal.
- Images can't be imported wirelessly using the Wi-Fi Direct® feature.
- Update the PlayMemories Home software to the latest version.
- Make sure that the computer's network classification is set to Private network or Home network.
Check your firewall security software and the network settings on the camera.
Deactivate the firewall security software installed on the computer and then check that Wi-Fi importing is enabled. Deactivating the firewall security software may make Wi-Fi importing possible. If it works, configure the settings without interrupting the following ports and then activate the firewall again.
Note: For information on how to deactivate the firewall security software, contact the manufacturer of your security software.
- UDP port: 1900
- TCP port: 2869
- Reset the network-related settings, register the access point, configure the PlayMemories Home software settings again, and then check that Wi-Fi importing is available.
- Resetting the network related settings will return the access point information and information on computers that can be registered on the camera to the default settings. You will need to set the access point on the camera again and connect the camera to the computer via USB to perform Wi-Fi Import Settings.
- Resetting the network-related settings also returns the connection information to default for forwarding images taken with the camera to your smartphone or tablet using Imaging Edge Mobile and controlling the camera from your smartphone or tablet with the Smart Remote Control function. Reconnect the camera and your smartphone or tablet wirelessly.
- For details on how to reset the network settings of the camera, how to register the access point, and how to perform Wi-Fi Import Settings, refer to the instruction manual of the camera.
- Turn the access point (wireless router) off and on and confirm that Wi-Fi import is enabled. Disconnect the AC Adaptor from the access point (wireless router) to turn off the power, and then reconnect it to turn on the power again