How to transfer video from a DVD camcorder to an Apple Macintosh computer using the DVD-ROM drive
Before you start
- The DVD must be finalized in the camcorder before this procedure. Refer to your operation manuals for detailed information on the procedure to finalize a disc using the camcorder.
- Do not use a 8 cm CD adapter with the 8cm DVD disc as it may cause a malfunction. If the DVD-ROM drive does not support a 8cm disc, use the USB transfer procedure instead.
- This article only applies to DVD-RW, DVD+RW, and DVD-R discs recorded with a DVD Handycam® camcorder. Copying movie files from copyright-protected DVDs is not supported.
- Insert the camcorder DVD into a computer DVD-ROM drive that supports 8cm discs.
Note: An icon of a DVD will appear on the desktop.
- On the computer desktop, click the DVD icon.
- On the menu bar, click File.
- In the File menu, click Open.
- In the DVD window, click to select the VIDEO_TS folder.
- On the keyboard, press Command+C to copy the folder.
- Open the folder or directory on the computer where you want to copy the video.
- On the keyboard, press Command+V to paste the folder containing the video into the desired location.
- The video content can be played back by dragging the VIDEO_TS folder into a DVD Player application like iDVD™ software.
- To edit the video content you must use software that is compatible with the .VOB format.