Yes, this feature will work when you use a camcorder equipped with the Direct Copy function. Images imported to the PlayMemories Home software can be directly copied to an external hard disk drive. Images can also be directly copied or played back on the camera from the connected hard disk drive.
To use the Direct Copy function, follow the steps below:
- From the Folder View or Calendar View, select the images you want to export to the external hard disk drive.
- From the Manipulate menu, select Export.
- From the Export Media Files window, select the destination device from the drop-down list and click Next.
NOTE: The drive name may vary depending on the computer.
- The export of the images will start after clicking Export.
- Do not disconnect the computer and the external hard drive while exporting the video or photo. When the completion dialog box appears, click OK.