- Not all Blu-ray Disc® players, Home Theater systems and TVs have Internet or Netflix® capabilities. To see if your Sony® product has the functions described in this solution, check the specifications or the supplied manual.
- The troubleshooting steps below may apply if the Netflix video you are streaming does not display in a High Definition resolution.
The following are some of the basic requirements for using Netflix.
- The Internet device must have active connection to the Internet .
NOTE: The connection to the Internet needs to be sufficiently fast and stable without large download speed fluctuations over duration of movie playback. Visit the Netflix Help Center for Network speed recommendations.
- An activated subscription to Netflix video on demand streaming service.
Once you have verified that you meet the basic Netflix requirements, check the following when Netflix video is displaying in low resolution:
- Your connection may be affected by other online activity on your network, such as online gaming, file sharing, or other video streaming.
- If you are using an unsecured wireless network, you may be unknowingly sharing your connection with other people in your area.
- Your Internet Service Provider (ISP) could be delivering a slower connection speed than the recommended by Netflix. Perform a speed test to test your Network connection .
- Confirm your Netflix Account Video Quality settings.
- Perform a power reset on the Internet video device.
- Turn the power off on the Internet video device.
- Unplug the power cord (mains lead) from the wall outlet and leave it unplugged for 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord.
- Turn on the Internet video device.
- On the Internet video device, sign out and sign back in the Netflix account.
For TVs, perform a Refresh Internet Content.
- For details on how you can perform a Refresh Internet Content on a TV, refer to the instructions guide that came with the TV.
- Performing Refresh Internet content does not apply to an Android™ TV.
- For a Blu-ray Disc® player, follow these steps to refresh the Internet content of the player:
- Select Setup.
- Select Resetting.
- Select Initialize Personal Information.
- Select OK.