When the UNLOCK error message appears in the display of the A/V receiver, there is either a problem receiving a digital audio signal or the system is tuned to receive a digital audio signal but there is no digital audio source available.
Follow these steps to troubleshoot when there is a digital source connected.
IMPORTANT: If model-specific information is needed to complete any of the steps in this solution, refer to the instructions supplied with the product.
- Check that the correct input is selected on the A/V receiver from the appropriate source.
- Make sure a digital cable is connected to the appropriate DIGITAL jack.
- Verify the other end of the digital cable is properly connected to the A/V receiver.
- Make sure the A/V receiver is set appropriately to output a digital signal.
NOTE: The A/V stereo system may have a DTS setting that needs to be turned on, or a DPCM setting that needs to be set to Dolby Digital.
If there is no digital audio source connected and the error is still displayed, the INPUT will need to be changed to a correct setting. Depending on your unit, either press the INPUT MODE button or turn the INPUT MODE dial to one of the following:
- AUTO IN: This setting gives priority to digital signals when there are both digital and analog connections. If there are no digital signals, analog is selected.
- ANALOG: Specifies the analog audio signals input to the AUDIO IN left and right jacks.