IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvementsThis utility upgrades the Blu-ray Disc player firmware to version M04.R.491 and provides the following benefits:
Improvements over firmware version 473:
- Improves compatibility to enhance interactivity with some BD-ROMs.
Benefits provided by previous upgrades and included in version M04.R.491:
- Resolves an issue where video streamed over the Internet may be displayed at SD (Standard Definition) instead of HD (High Definition) even when using a high speed Internet connection (10 Mbps or more) and watching video that is provided in HD.
- Enhanced Gracenote Entertainment database browser features:
Adds new features such Related Information Browse and Contents Search to improve your Blu-ray Disc™ movie database.
- Enhanced photo slideshow:
Adds new visual effects and music to add to your photos when they are displayed on a TV.
- Improves stability of the Auto Calibration function.
- Improves BRAVIA® Sync compatibility.
- Improves operational stability of the firmware update process.
- Windows Vista®
- Windows Vista® 64-bit
- Windows® 10
- Windows® 10 64-bit
- Windows® 7
- Windows® 7 64-bit
- Windows® 8
- Windows® 8 64-bit
- Windows® 8.1
- Windows® 8.1 64-bit
- Windows® XP
- Windows® XP MCE
- UPDATA_M03R491.ZIP (BDV)
- 37.52 MB
Before You Start
- Power on the television and make sure it is tuned to the inputs to which the Blu-ray Disc/DVD Home Theatre System is connected.
- Power on the Blu-ray Disc/DVD Home Theatre System.
- Press the "FUNCTION" button repeatedly until "BD/DVD" function appears in the front panel display.
- If the system starts to play a disc, press the "STOP" button and wait until the xross media bar™ menu is displayed on the television before proceeding.
- Use the arrow keys on the remote control to select "Setup" � "System Settings", and then press the ENTER button.
- Use the arrow keys to select "System Information", and then press the ENTER button.
- The firmware version currently installed on the Blu-ray Disc player will be listed on the television screen.
If the last three digits of the version number are 491 or higher, it is not necessary to install this firmware upgrade.
IMPORTANT: To add support for 3D content, first confirm that the firmware has been upgraded to version M04.R.491 and then upgrade the firmware to version M04.R.787. Please download and install the M04.R.787 firmware upgrade.
Download & Install
- What products and operating systems does this apply to?
- Check the Current Firmware Version
- Download the Firmware and Create an Upgrade Disc
- Disc Upgrade Instructions
|Operating Systems:|| |
Note: This utility is only for use with the products identified and sold in the United States, Latin America, or Canada. Not all models are sold in all countries.
If you cannot connect the Blu-ray Disc/DVD Home Theatre System to your Internet source, please use the disc upgrade method.
The instructions below are for how to install the firmware upgrade using a disc. The steps are the same whether you downloaded the firmware and created the disc, or whether you ordered the disc from Sony.
|Q: When I double click the UPDATA_M03R491.ZIP upgrade file I downloaded from the upgrade web site, the MSB03-FW.BIN and MSB03-FW.ID files are not created.||A: The download may have failed. Delete the downloaded file and follow the steps in the Download the Firmware and Create an Upgrade Disc section to create a new upgrade disc|
|Q: The firmware upgrade process is still not finished after running for more than 30 minutes.||A: Please contact Sony Support at 1-866-909-SONY (7669). |