Error: NO DISC, DISC ERROR, or INSERT DISC appears on the display on the DVD player.
When the message NO DISC, DISC ERROR, or INSERT DISC appears on the display on the DVD player, check the following:
- Make sure there is a disc in the player.
- Make sure the disc is inserted correctly with the playback side facing down on the disc tray.
- Make sure the disc being used is supported by the player.
NOTE: Some DVD players do not support VCD, DVD or CDRs created by a CD burner. Check the specifications or supplied operations guide for information regarding disc compatibility. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
If an error message still appears even after checking the things mentioned above, follow the steps below.
NOTE: Because each of these steps represents a possible solution to this issue, check the DVD player status after completing each step.
- Clean the disc.
- Attempt to play a different, commercially-produced disc.
- Remove the disc and leave the player on for a half hour to resolve the possibility of moisture condensation inside the player.
If the issue is still unresolved, service may be required.  Go to Product Repair.