You can connect LCD TVs that are wireless LAN-ready or have built-in wireless LAN to your home wireless (Wi-Fi®) network and the internet.
Here is the difference between the two wireless LAN options:
- Wireless LAN-ready:
- Bring wireless internet access to your Wi-Fi ready BRAVIA™ HDTV with the UWA-BR100 wireless LAN adapter. This adapter plugs into your USB input on your TV, and with WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) functionality, it’s simple to get your TV connected to your home network no matter what type of Wi-Fi you are using.
- Built-in wireless LAN:
- The built-in wireless LAN device allows you to access the internet and your home network without having to connect a separate adapter. With this feature, you can easily connect to a wireless network and enjoy the benefits of networking in a cable-free environment.
Before you start
- Set up your modem and router and make sure your network is connected to the internet. Refer to your modem and router manual or manufacturer for configuration details.
- If required, connect the UWA-BR100 wireless LAN adapter to the USB input on your TV. Most of the newer TV models have the built-in wireless LAN, so they would not require this adapter.
- If you aren't sure if the adapter is required or not, check the TV manual.
Use the Network Setup feature in the TV Menu to connect to your network
A video tutorial is available to assist you with the setup or you can follow the instructions provided below.
- On the supplied TV remote control, press the HOME button.
- Select Settings.
- This step will vary depending on the network setup options available in your TV menu. Follow the steps accordingly.
- Select Preferences > Setup > Network > Network Setup or Setup Network Connection
- Select Network Set-up > Set up Network connection
- Select Network > Network Setup or Setup Network Connection
- Select Expert, Auto, or Custom.
- If you don't see this option, move to the next step.
- Select Wireless, Wireless Setup, or Wireless LAN.
- Select the available wireless network you want to connect the TV to and then follow the on-screen instructions. The connection method may vary depending on the router type and settings.