Connection status cannot be confirmed is displayed and you're unable to update the Blu-ray Disc player
IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
If the TV displays this error message and the Blu-ray Disc™ player firmware will not update, there may be a problem with the network connection. Follow the steps below to troubleshoot and verify if the network connection and settings are correct.
Check your network connection
Follow these steps to confirm the network connection of your Blu-ray Disc player.
- In the Network Settings menu, confirm that the Blu-ray Disc player has its own IP address.
- Your Internet Service Provider (ISP) may be experiencing heavy internet traffic. Manually change the Primary DNS Server option to 18.104.22.168 or 22.214.171.124 in the Network Settings menu to improve performance.
- If you use a proxy server, enter the IP address of the proxy server in the Proxy Server input field instead of the proxy host name.
- In the Network Settings menu, under Network Connection Status, check that Physical Connection or Wireless Connection and Internet Status are both labeled as OK.
- Additional troubleshooting is available if any of the network connection status settings aren't OK,:
- In the Settings menu or Setup menu, select Network Update to perform the firmware update.
Use Open DNS settings instead of Google DNS
If you have an older model that doesn't connect with USB, the steps that mention USB connection won't apply.
- Perform a factory reset on the unit.
- Check the internet speed and make sure that the download speed is above 2Mbps.
- Go to Network Settings and select Internet Settings.
- Find Add New Address (for 2013 models) or New Connection Registration.
- Use the Open DNS settings instead of the Google DNS.
- Primary DNS: 126.96.36.199
- Secondary DNS: 188.8.131.52
- After performing the network setup, turn off the unit and unplug it from the power outlet for at least one minute.
- Plug the power cord back in, and turn on the unit.
- Try playing a video from an app.