What is Unregister Device Service and How Does it Work?
IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
What Is It?
Unregister Device service is a simple way to remove the following:
- Removes PlayStation™ Network (formerly known as Sony Entertainment Network (SEN)) and Sony Essentials content account relationships from your device
- Removes your device from PlayStation Network and Sony Essentials accounts
Which Content Account Relationships are Cleared from My Device?
The following accounts are removed from your device when you use the Unregister Device service:
- PlayStation Video
- PlayMemories™ software
- Other third party content accounts associated with your PlayStation Network Account, or your Sony Essentials account.
- You can manage devices and content services for individual apps in the PlayStation Network or the Sony Essentials websites. We recommend this option only if you want to unregister the accounts on certain apps.
- The PlayStation Network services on your device vary according to your region.
How Does It Work?
- On the supplied remote, press the HOME button.
- Select the Unregister Device.
- Select Unregister.
- Select Yes.
- Select Done.
- Perform a Factory Reset to remove any account associations that weren't removed after the Unregister Device process. Refer to your device's manual for more information on how to reset your device. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
How Do I Reconnect My Device to My Account, or Connect to a New Account?
The steps to reconnect your device to your account vary depending on your device, your region, and app. Refer to the app developer, or visit the app's support webiste for more information.
For applications that require registration:
- A message will appear for you to use your supplied remote control to enter a User Name and Password.
- A screen will appear with an Activation or Registration code and instructions on how to enter the code into your PlayStation Network or your Sony Essentials account.