IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
If the Blu-ray Disc™ player or Blu-ray Disc Home Theater system freezes up or doesn't work properly after performing a firmware update, follow these steps to reset the devices to the original factory default settings:
Home Theater System
- On your remote control, press the HOME button to view the on-screen menu.
- Scroll to the far left and select Setup.
- Scroll to the bottom and select Resetting.
- Select Reset to Factory Default Settings.
- Scroll to the bottom of the list and select All Settings.
- Press Start to proceed.
Blu-ray Disc Players
- Blu-ray Disc players manufactured on or after 2014
- Blu-ray Disc players manufactured on or before 2013
After restoring the device back to it's factory default, it should only take a few more moments to perform the Easy Setup.