IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvementsThis utility upgrades the Blu-ray Disc player firmware to version 014, and provides the following benefits:
Improvements over firmware version 011:
- Improves disc playability
Benefits provided by previous upgrades and included in version 014
- Improves BD-ROM playability
- Improves compatibility to enhance interactivity with some BD-ROMs
- Adds support for using an external USB hard drive for BD-Live functions
Note: Sony recommends using the Western Digital My Passport™ Essential™ 320GB portable hard drive (model WDME3200) for BD-Live functions.
- Use of this hard drive with the Blu-ray Disc player is intended only for BD-Live functions.
- Sony cannot guarantee that other external USB hard drives will support the BD-Live functions.
- BD-Live allows you to enjoy additional content and services while playing a BD-Live capable disc.
- For optimal performance, we recommend that you use a Broadband Internet connection to access BD-Live content and services.
- BD-Live content and services require an external USB storage device for local storage.
- Windows Vista®
- Windows Vista® 64-bit
- Windows® 10
- Windows® 10 64-bit
- Windows® 7
- Windows® 7 64-bit
- Windows® 8
- Windows® 8 64-bit
- Windows® 8.1
- Windows® 8.1 64-bit
- Windows® RT
- Windows® XP
- Windows® XP MCE
- 48.10 MB
Before You Start
Download & Install
There are three ways to obtain the Blu-ray Disc player firmware upgrade:
If you have questions or require assistance, please contact Sony Support at 1-866-909-SONY (7669).
The Network Upgrade operation is straightforward, so it is highly recommended that you use the Network Upgrade method to upgrade the Blu-ray Disc player firmware.
|Q: The network upgrade process has two parts, first the download and then the upgrade. If, after the download part is finished, the firmware upgrade process is still not finished after running after more than 30 minutes.||A: Please contact Sony Support at 1-866-909-SONY (7669).|
The instructions below are for how to install the firmware upgrade using a disc. The steps are the same whether you downloaded the firmware and created the disc, or whether you ordered the disc from Sony.
|Q: When I double click on the UPDATA_11X014.ZIP upgrade file I downloaded from the upgrade web site, the BD11-VUD.BIN and SONY_VUP.ID files are not created.||A: The download may have failed. Delete the downloaded file and follow the steps in the Download the Firmware and Create an Upgrade Disc section to create a new upgrade disc|
|Q: The firmware upgrade process is still not finished after running for more than 30 minutes.||A: Please contact Sony Support at 1-866-909-SONY (7669).|