Follow these steps to check the Network environment if the error message LAN adapter is required appears when trying to connect to a Wi-Fi® connection.
NOTE: Because each of these steps represents a possible solution to this issue, try to connect to the Network after completing each step.
- Using another Internet device in the home, make sure that the Internet Network is active.
- Make sure that the router is set to 2.4GHz setting.
- The Internet video device supports 2.4GHz N-Band wireless support. In many cases you can use the Sony® UWABR100 USB LAN adapter to expand the coverage to allow the use of a 5GHz N-Band wireless router. Refer to the manual supplied with the Internet video device regarding the use of the Sony USB LAN adapter.
- Using a 5 GHz or 802.11a/n band router may exhibit issues on the Internet video device such as dropped connections, slow speed or limited Internet connectivity.
- Turn off or disable the wireless connection on other wireless Internet devices on the Network. If this step resolves the issue, check your router settings and specifications. There may be a limit to the amount of devices that can be used on the Network or another setting changed may be required.
NOTE: For additional information regarding how to verify or adjust the router settings, contact your router manufacturer.
If a connection cannot be established or the error continues to appear, follow these steps on the Internet video device itself:
- Reset the Internet video device.
- Make sure that the latest system software update has been installed.
- Re-attempt to connect to the Network using an Auto or Manual connection.