Unable to get a picture from the Blu-ray Disc player when using an HDMI connection.
If you are unable to get a picture or if the picture does not come out correctly from the Blu-ray Disc® player using an HDMI® connection, follow these steps to resolve this issue:
IMPORTANT: If model-specific information is needed to complete any of these steps, refer to the instructions supplied with the product. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Verify that the HDMI cable is securely connected to both the TV and the Blu-ray Disc player.
- Make sure the TV is set to the proper input. Most TV remotes have an Input button that cycles from one input to the next. Press the Input button repeatedly until the correct HDMI input is displayed on the TV. Be sure to check which input on the TV you are connecting to.
NOTE: The location of the Input button on your remote and the number and names of the inputs may be different on your TV.
- The video output resolution of the Blu-ray Disc player may be set to an option that is not compatible with the TV. Depending on your model, one of the following steps will reset the resolution to the lowest setting:
- Press and hold the Volume - (Volume down) button and the Play button together.
- Press the Stop button for more than 10 seconds.
- Press STOP - HOME - POP UP/MENU on the remote controller to reset the output video resolution to the lowest resolution.
- Press the VIDEO FORMAT button on the remote controller repeatedly until the picture appears correctly.
NOTE: Once the video signal appears, the video output resolution setting can be adjusted from the menu of the Blu-ray Disc player.