Internet video applications (apps) may disappear from the menu and the error message Service has not started in this region may appear when your device detects an Internet Protocol (IP) error. This error indicates that either the device is being used in a country or region where internet video isn't supported for the device or the IP address being used is incorrect.
Check Your Device
After you perform each step, check the video app or service.
- Make sure that the latest system software update has been installed. If it has not been installed, perform the software update.
- The easiest and recommended process to perform an update is to use the remote control and turn on Auto SW Update in your device menu, and then run the Update SW feature. Check your manual for more information.
- If that doesn't work, a firmware update for your device can be downloaded from the support website.
- Make sure your device isn't being used outside of the country since internet video function is region specific.
- Make sure that the device has been properly set up to access internet video content.
If the error continues to appear after following the steps above, contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) to verify the IP being used and for additional assistance.
If certain services are suddenly missing or different services are appearing, confirm that Sony provides these services in the country it is being used.
For the correct services provided by Sony, confirm with the Sony official product information website or check it with actual device.
- If the services on the TV screen are the same as the ones Sony provides in the country where the product is being used, this isn't a malfunction.
- If the services on the TV screen are different than the ones Sony provides in the country where the product is being used, wait an hour and try accessing the internet video channels again. The wait is required so that the TV connects to the new database system and the proper services are accessed.
- If the condition remains unchanged even after an hour or more, follow these steps.