IMPORTANT: It is recommended that all car stereo installations be performed by a qualified, professional installer. Some troubleshooting steps may also require a professional installer.
NOTE: For model-specific information regarding the procedures below, consult the instruction manual of the car stereo.
- If the car stereo system has a detachable faceplate, clean the metal contacts with a cotton swab.
IMPORTANT: Turn off the ignition before cleaning and remove the key from the ignition switch before cleaning the connectors.
- Attempt to turn on the car stereo system.
- If the car stereo system or changer will not turn on, press the RESET button.
- Check if the power connection wires are properly connected.
- Check to make sure the fuse is not blown.
If the issue is still unresolved, service may be required. Go to Product Repair.