The touch screen cursor is moving erratically or skipping, or generating ghost touches.
IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
Follow these steps to troubleshoot and resolve this issue.
IMPORTANT: Make sure the computer battery is charge to 30% or higher before attempting to use this procedure.
- Remove all connected devices from the computer, including the AC Adapter.
- Download the Touch Panel Calibration Tool file and save it to a easily remembered and located directory.
NOTE: Make a note of the directory where you save the file for future reference.
- Using the touchpad only, browse to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the UNOOTH-P0112513-1082.EXE file to begin the calibration process.
IMPORTANT: From this point on, do not touch the screen. Doing so may affect the calibration process and cause unintended consequences.
- In the Browse For Folder window, click the OK button.
- At the C:\Users\Username folder, double-click the Panel Calibration Tool folder.
- In the Panel Calibration Tool window, double-click the CalibG4 file.
NOTE: The calibration process will begin.
- Once the calibration is finished, using the touchpad only, shut down the computer .
- After the computer has completely shut down, turn the computer back on.
NOTE: If the issue is still occurring, please confirm the computer battery is charge to 30% or higher and that all connected devices have been removed from the computer, and perform the touch screen calibration again.