Follow these steps to adjust the double-click speed or pointer speed (sensitivity) of the mouse or touchpad.
NOTE: The pointer speed affects how fast the cursor travels on the screen. The double-click speed (sensitivity) affects the speed at which a mouse or touchpad button needs to be pressed in order to activate a double-click option.
- Click the Start button, and then click Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel window, under Pick a category, double-click the Printers and Other Hardware icon.
- In the Printers and Other Hardware window, under or pick a Control Panel icon, double-click the Mouse icon.
- To adjust the mouse or touchpad double-click speed:
- In the Mouse Properties window, click the Buttons tab.
- On the Buttons tab, in the Double Click Speed section, click and drag the slider to increase or decrease the speed.
NOTE: You can test the speed of the double-click operation by double-clicking the Folder icon in the Double Click Speed section. Double-click the icon at a speed that is normal for you. If the animation does not open the folder, drag the slider to decrease the speed and try again. Repeat the process until the animation opens the folder on every double-click attempt.
In the Mouse Properties window, click the Apply button.
- To adjust the mouse or touchpad pointer speed:
- In the Mouse Properties window, click the Pointers Options tab.
- On the Pointer Options tab, in the Motion section, click and drag the slider to increase or decrease the speed of the mouse pointer.
- In the Mouse Properties window, click the Apply button.
- Once all the desired adjustments have been made, in the Mouse Properties window, click the OK button.
- In the Printers and Other Hardware window, click the X in the upper-right corner to close the window.