- Click the Start button and then in the Search box, type: device manager
- Press the Enter key.
NOTE: If prompted for an administrator password or a User Account Control prompt is displayed, type the appropriate password, click Continue or click Yes.
- In the Device Manager window, double-click Network adapters to expand the selection.
- Click to select the appropriate wireless adapter and then on the menu bar, click Action.
- In the Action menu, click Properties.
- In the Properties window, click the Advanced tab.
- On the Advanced tab, in the Property: section, click to select 802.11n Channel Width for band 2.4.
- In the Value: section, click the down arrow and then click to select Auto.
NOTE: This image is for reference purposes only. The actual name of the wireless device listed in the title bar of the window and the options listed in the Property section may be different, depending on the wireless device installed in the computer.
- Repeat steps 7 and 8 for the 802.11n Channel Width for band 5.2 property.
- Click the OK button.