Create and Use a Microsoft Account
A Microsoft® account is an online account that allows you to download apps from the Windows® Store and automatically sync settings between your computers to obtain the same look and feel on each, including browser favorites and history.
Watch the video tutorial or follow the steps below to create and use a Microsoft account on your computer using Microsoft® Windows® 8 operating system.
- On your computer desktop, point (but don't click) the cursor to the lower-right corner.
Select the Settings charm.
- You can also use the Windows Logo + I key combination to open the Settings screen.
- Under Settings, select Change PC settings.
- Under PC settings, select Users.
- Select Add a user.
- Select Sign up for a new email address.
- Enter your information in the Sign up for a new email address screen, then click the Next button.
- At the Add security info screen, enter the required information and then click the Next button.
- At the Finish up screen, enter the required information and then click the Next button.
- At the Add a user screen, click the Finish button.
- Restart your computer to allow the operating system to log in using your new Microsoft account.