The CD/DVD drive is not displayed in My Computer when the notebook is running on battery power.
A CD/DVD drive will no longer be displayed in the My Computer window if it is disabled in the current VAIO Power Management scheme. Follow this procedure to enable the Optical Drive setting.
- Click the Start button, and then click Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel window, under Pick a category, double-click the Performance and Maintenance icon.
- In the Performance and Maintenance window, under or pick a Control Panel icon, click Power Options.
- In the Power Options Properties window, click the VAIO Power Management tab.
- On the VAIO Power Management tab, in the Settings for VAIO Ultimate Battery power scheme box, under Running on battery, next to Optical Drive, click Disable.
- From the menu, click to select Enable.
- Click the OK button.