How to access the account settings, lock or sign out of the current account or switch to a different user account.
IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
Follow these steps to access the account settings, lock or sign out of the current account, or switch to a different user account.
- Click the Start button and on the upper left corner of the Start Menu, click the current user account.
- In the account options menu, click to select the desired option:
- To configure the current account, add another user account, or modify any other account setting, click Change account settings.
- To lock the current user account and display the lock screen, click Lock.
- To sign out of the current user account, click Sign out.
- To switch to another account, click on the desired user account.