Internet streaming video will only play back in Standard Definition (SD) quality.
The video quality of the videos available to watch instantly via the Internet Content section of the Media Gallery software will vary based on the actual Internet connection speed. Internet stations and services will automatically choose the best video quality possible based on the speed of your Internet connection. The faster the Internet connection, the higher the video quality.
Follow these steps to troubleshoot when High Definition (HD) videos do not play or automatically play in an SD format.
- Make sure the latest Media Gallery software update has been downloaded and installed.
- Close other software and Internet applications before attempting to watch a movie or stream Internet content.
NOTE: Downloading music, streaming media, and online game playing can substantially reduce the amount of Internet connectivity available.
- Use a speed test tool to verify the speed of the Internet connection being used.
- The Internet connection must be at least 10 Mbps for HD video quality.
- If your Internet speed is lower than expected, contacting your Internet Service Provider (ISP).