Follow these steps to change the display resolution.
- If prompted for an administrator password or a User Account Control prompt is displayed, type the appropriate password, click Continue or click Yes.
- If the display is too large to navigate, restart to Safe Mode before starting the procedure.
- Click the Start button, and then click Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel window, click Appearance and Personalization.
- In the Appearance and Personalization window, click Display.
- In the Display window, on the left, click Adjust resolution.
- In the Screen Resolution window, to the right of Resolution:, drag the slider up or down to the desired screen resolution and click the OK button.
- In the Display Settings pop-up window, under Do you want to keep these display settings?, choose the Keep changes button.
NOTE: Some screen resolution options may output an image that is too large or too small for the screen area of the computer display. Because of this, be sure to choose a screen resolution setting that either exactly fits or is slightly smaller than the screen area of the computer display.