How to configure the operating system to show all files and folders.
Follow the procedure below to show hidden files and folders.
NOTE: The steps to perform this procedure are detailed below, and a Video Tutorial also is available to show you the steps as they are being performed.
- Click the Start button, and then click Computer.
- In the Computer window, click the Organize button.
- In the Organize menu, click Folder and Search Options.
- In the Folder Options window, click the View tab.
- On the View tab, in the Advanced Settings box, below Hidden files and folders, click to select Show hidden files, folders, and drives.
- Click to clear the Hide extensions for known file types box.
- Click to clear the Hide protected operating system files box.
- In the Warning dialog box, click the Yes button.
- In the Folder Options window, click the OK button.
- Close the Computer window.