How to uninstall the VAIO Messenger software.
Rather than uninstalling VAIO® Messenger, it is recommended that you use the Settings dialog box to disable VAIO Messenger messages.
If you are certain you want to uninstall VAIO Messenger, follow these steps to uninstall both the VAIO Messenger and the Oasis2Service which is the service that delivers updates to VAIO Messenger.
- If you uninstall VAIO Messenger and the associated service, you will no longer be able to receive critical messages from Sony regarding your computer.
- Before beginning this procedure, make sure you have set the operating system to show all files and folders .
- Click Start, then Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel window, click Programs, then click Program and Features.
- In Programs and Features, click VAIO Messenger, then click Uninstall.
- Once the uninstall process completes, click Close or OK.
- In Programs and Features, click Oasis2Service, then click Uninstall.
NOTE: Because Oasis2Service is a service component and not an end user application, you may be presented with a User Account Control dialog box warning you that Oasis2Service is trying to uninstall. Click Yes to this prompt. You may then see a notice that Oasis2Service is still running. Leave the default selections in this dialog box and click OK. The Oasis2Service will then uninstall. You will not receive a notice when this is complete.
- Click OK or Finish.
- Restart the computer.
- Once the computer has completely restarted into the operating system, click Start, then click Computer.
- In the Computer window, double-click the Local Disk (C:) drive.
- In the Computer - Local Disk (C:) window, double-click the Program Files folder.
IMPORTANT: For 64-bit operating systems, the double-click the Program Files (x86) folder.
- In the Program Files or Program Files (x86) folder, if there is a DDNi folder present, right-click that folder and click to select Delete.
- Click the Back button to go back to the Computer - Local Disk (C:) window.
- In the Computer - Local Disk (C:) window, double-click the ProgramData folder.
- In the ProgramData folder, if there is a DDNi folder present, right-click that folder and click to select Delete.
- VAIO Messenger has now been complete uninstalled.