Follow these steps to remove and reinstall a device from the Device Manager.
IMPORTANT: This procedure must be performed while logged in as Administrator or to an account with Administrator rights.
- Click the Start button then click Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel window, under Pick a category, double-click the Performance and Maintenance icon.
- In the Performance and Maintenance window, under or pick a Control Panel icon, double-click the System icon.
- In the System Properties window, click the Hardware tab.
- On the Hardware tab, in the Device Manager box, click the Device Manager button.
- In the Device Manager window, double-click the category icon of the device to be removed.
- Under the Device Manager category, click to select the device to be removed.
- On the menu bar, click Action.
- On the Action menu, click Uninstall.
- In the Confirm Device Removal window, click the OK button.
- In the System Settings Change window, click the Yes button.
- Restart the computer.
- When the computer restarts, the operating system will find the device and install the driver.
- If the operating system is unable to automatically find the driver, download and install the desired driver. Downloads are posted on your model support page.