How to start a server service and configure the service to start automatically.
Follow these steps to start a service and configure that service to start automatically.
- Point to (but do not click) the lower-right or top-right corner of the screen, and then click to select the Search charm.
NOTE: The Windows Logo + Q key combination will also take you to the Search screen.
- In the Search screen, in the Search field type Services.msc and then press the Enter key.
- In the Services window, under Name, click to select the desired service.
- On the menu bar, click Action.
- On the Action menu, click Properties.
- In the [Service] Properties window, next to Startup type, click the down arrow, then click to select Automatic.
NOTE: Other available options are Automatic (Delayed Start), Manual, and Disabled.
- Click the Apply button.
- If the Server status: shows Stopped, click the Start button to start the service.
- Click the OK button.
- In the Services window, click the X in the upper right corner to close the window.