How to reinstall a device driver.
Follow this procedure to reinstall the device driver using the Device Manager utility.
IMPORTANT: This procedure must be performed while logged in as Administrator or to an account with Administrator rights.
- Click the Start button, and then click Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel window, under Pick a category, double-click the Performance and Maintenance icon.
- In the Performance and Maintenance window, under or pick a Control Panel icon, double-click the System icon.
- In the System Properties window, click the Hardware tab.
- On the Hardware tab, in the Device Manager box, click the Device Manager button.
- In the Device Manager window, double-click the category icon of the device to be removed.
- Under the Device Manager category, click to select the device to be removed.
- On the menu bar, click Action.
- On the Action menu, click Uninstall.
- In the Confirm Device Removal window, click the OK button.
NOTE: For some devices the operating system will display a System Settings Change window. Click the Yes button to restart the computer.
- Restart the computer.
- When the computer restarts, the operating system will find the device and install the driver.
- If the operating system is unable to automatically find the driver, have the installation wizard search the C:\WINDOWS\I386 folder.
- Updated and original device drivers can be downloaded from the Sony® Support website. Downloads are posted on your model support page.