On most VAIO® notebook computers you can use the Fn+F5 keys to lower screen brightness level, and the Fn+F6 keys to raise screen brightness level.
- If the function key combinations don't work, run the VAIO Event Service.
- Make sure the computer has all the latest driver and software updates installed.
The screen brightness can also be adjusted in the operating system following the steps below:
- Hover on the lower-right or top-right corner of the screen, and then click to select the Search icon.
- The Windows Logo + Q key combination will also take you to the Search screen.
- In the Search screen, click the Search box, type Power Options, and then click the Power Options icon.
- In the Power Options window, on the bottom of the window next to Screen brightness, move the slider bar to the desired level.
- The brightness will adjust in real time as the slider bar is moved.
- If the Screen brightness slider is not present at the bottom of the Power Options window, either the computer is in Speed mode, or the proper display drivers have not been installed.
- The computer can also automatically adjust the brightness level of the screen relative to the ambient light.